Monday 15 June 2009

In praise of Cherry Ripes

There are all manner of reasons for leaving the UK and going to live in Australia. I've already mentioned the weather, the living conditions, the people. But, for me at least, there's another, far more trivial reason.



And that is the Cherry Ripe.

Manufacture by Cadbury's in Australia but bizarrely not available in the UK, it is a dark chocolate coated, coconut enshrined piece of cherry goodness. Quite by far the best chocolate bar I've ever had, and I consider myself a connoisseur.

If you've never had one, believe me it's worth trading continents for. Yes, it's high in everything that's bad for you and I expect I'll put on a couple of stone once subjected to one every day, but I'll exercise. Or something.

They say the devil is in the details and this is one of my details. Of course I'm looking forward to everything else Australia can offer me, but this is the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment